Answers to Rickshaw Quiz
So, you think you know about rickshaws, let's see how you got on.
1. The rickshaw is thought to have been invented by Jonathan Scobie, an American missionary to Japan in order to transport his invalid wife through the streets of Yokohama.
2. The rickshaw was invented around 1869
3. Motorised rickshaws are often known as 'tuk tuks'
4. The name tuk tuk is onomatopoeic as it mimiks the sound of a small engine
5. There are around 20,000 registered motorised rickshaws in Thailand
6. The name rickshaw comes from the Japanese word 'jinrikisha'
Jin means man
Riki means power
Sha means carriage
If you would like to have a ride in our rickshaw then contact us at email@example.com
If you would like to help pay for rides for somebody else on the rickshaw then please click here